Health and Weight
My blog posts:
- Health at Every Size, The Surprising Truth about Your Weight by Linda Bacon, Ph.D.
- Why Diets Make us Fat, Sandra Aamodt, Ph.D.
- Secrets from the Eating Lab, Traci Mann, Ph.D.
- Big Fat Lies: The truth about your weight and health, by Glenn Glasser
To learn more about switching from dieting to attuned/mindful eating, check out any of these books. I have listed them in alphabetical order by author. I would suggest reading more than one as my experience has been that some books will “speak” to you more than others.
- Health at Every Size, by Linda Bacon
- Overcoming Overeating, by Hirschmann and Munter
- When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies, by Hirschmann and Munter
- The Diet Survivors Handbook, Judith Matz and Ellen Frankel
- Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat, Michelle May
- Breaking Free From Compulsive Eating, by Geneen Roth (or any of her books)
- Body Kindness, Rebecca Scritchfield
- Intuitive Eating, Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
Rethinking our beliefs about dieting and weight loss:
Linda Bacon describes Health at Every Size®
A look at the dangers of dieting
“Poodle Science, Association for Size Diversity and Health
Rethinking how we think about body image:
For Many by Shane Koyczan a Canadian spoken word poetry artist reflecting on the question, “If you could change anything about your body what would it be?”
The version below is a “listen” version. It is worth checking out both as in the listen version he shares of his experiences.
Giving up “Fat Talk” – Tri-Dela Fat Talk Free Week
Love Yourself by Khari – a video a father wrote for his daughter who was being bullied. It has a strong message about positive body image, self-love and focusing on health versus weight. You might just find yourself singing along – I did!
“Try” by Colbie Caillat
Blindfolded Woman in a bikini stands in public for a POWERFUL self-acceptance experiment.